Every year at PAXEast, the convention shares the spotlight away from the Biowares and Rockstars of the world to highlight the work being done by independent games developers in the Boston Indie Showcase.
This year six games are:
- Not Without You , a puzzle game;
- Spell Tower , a combination of word search and Tetris;
- Super Crate Box , a retro gathering game;
- Lawnmower Challenge , a puzzle game with mowing the lawn as the theme (looks better than it sounds);
- Girls Like Robots , a strategy puzzle game;
- Bean’s Quest , a classic platformer.
We hope that you take some time while you’re on the exhibition floor to meet the developers of these games and purchase / download them. The more support independent developers get, the more mainstream developers will realize they don’t need to crank out the same games over and over again.
If you’re interested in indie game development, you might also want to check out the following panels:
- Indie Game Development - A Day in the Life - Part I : Friday, 12:00 p.m., Cat Theater
- The Takedown Tribunal: Three Indies Talk About Their Upcoming Stealth Games : Friday, 9:00 p.m., Cat Theater
- Indie Game Development - A Day in the Life - Part II : Saturday, 12:00 p.m., Cat Theater
- The Boston Indie Showcase : Saturday, 6:30 p.m., Merman Theater
- Indie Game Development - A Day in the Life - Part III : Sunday, 12:00 p.m., Cat Theater